Infinite Campus - User Expectations
Infinite Campus Parent/Guardian and Student Portal
Section 1: User Expectations
The Internet and secure web access have altered the ways that confidential information may be accessed, communicated, and transferred by members of society. These changes are influencing instruction and student learning. The School Board supports access by parents/guardians, students, teachers, and administrators to information resources that will improve participation in a child’s education and improve communication among students, parents/guardians, teachers, and administrators.
Franklin Square UFSD manages student information electronically and will make the student education records available for viewing only to authorized parents/guardians with a secure Internet connection. All parents/guardians who choose to access the Parent/Student Portal must comply with the Internet use regulations and all technology regulations/procedures, as well as all other District policies that may apply.
Electronic Access to Student Information
Franklin Square uses a secure Internet site to enable electronic access to student information; enhancing communication between parents/guardians, students, teachers, and administrators
A. Rights and Responsibilities
This access is a service offered to all current and active parents/guardians and students of Franklin Square. Access to student information from the Internet is a privilege, not a right. Only after a family has enrolled their child(ren) in Franklin Square will a parent/guardian and/or student be authorized to activate a web account. Once a student withdraws or graduates from Franklin Square their access will be inactivated. Parents/guardians, students, and staff must understand and practice proper and ethical use.
B. Information Accuracy Responsibilities
Information accuracy is the joint responsibility of schools, parents/guardians, and students. The District will endeavor to ensure information is accurate and complete. If a parent/guardian or student discovers any inaccurate information, he/she will immediately notify the District via email and provide proof of the inaccurate information. Please send all such notifications and other email queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. Accessible Information
Franklin Square reserves the right to add, modify or delete functions viewed via the Internet site at any time without notice, including but not limited to the functions listed below.
2. Class schedule
3. Report Cards and Interim Reports
4. Student demographics
5. Emergency contact information
7. Assessment data
D. Electronic Web Access Agreement
Each parent/guardian will receive via email, an access code that will enable them to log on to the Infinite Campus Parent Portal and create a username and password.
E. Use of the system
Parents/guardians and students are required to adhere to the following guidelines and any violation thereof may result in suspension or termination of access:
- Parents/guardians and students will act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner.
- Parents/guardians and students will not attempt to harm or destroy the school or the district’s data or networks.
- Parents/guardians and students will not attempt to access information or any account assigned to another user.
- Parents/guardians and students will not use this Internet site for any illegal activity, including violation of Federal and State Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws would be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- Parents/guardians and students who identify a security problem within the Portal must notify the District immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
- Parents/guardians and students will not share their passwords with anyone, including their own child(ren).
- Parents/guardians and students will not set their computers to automatically log in to the Parent Portal site
- Parents/guardians and students identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.
F. Security Features
Access is made available with a secure Internet site.
- Note: Account holders are responsible for not sharing their passwords and for properly protecting or destroying any printed/electronic documentation generated from this site.
- Three unsuccessful login attempts will disable the user’s account. Until the school has verified the assigned user to the locked account, the account will remain locked. In order to use the account again, the user will need to contact their child’s school.
- The users will be automatically logged off if they leave their web browser open and inactive for a period of time.
- The student’s account will be inactivated when the student withdraws or graduates from Franklin Square.
- The Parent/guardian account will be inactivated when all their child(ren) have either withdrawn or graduated from Franklin Square UFSD, or a court action denies the parent/guardian access to the student’s information.
Section II: System Requirements and Support
Parents/guardians who encounter a problem using the system should consult the Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) web page here.
If assistance is still needed, an email should be sent to email@example.com. Included in the email should be your name, phone number at which you can be reached, and the best day/time to be reached. When called, you will be asked to provide your username created during your initial login and answer questions posed to verify your identity.
B. Limitation of School District Liability
Franklin Square UFSD will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. The District will not be responsible for financial obligations arising through unauthorized use of the District’s system or the Internet. The District does not promise any particular level or method of access to the Internet site for viewing student information. The District will not be responsible for actions taken by the parent/guardian or student that causes or could cause compromise of their student information. The District reserves the right to limit or terminate the Internet site for viewing student information without notice. All parents/guardians who use the District network by requesting an Internet site for viewing student information consent to electronic monitoring and understand that this is a private network used as an educational tool by Frankin Square employees and students. Account activity is electronically recorded.