Board of Education Members
Mr. Joseph Armocida, President
Mrs. Helen Hoffman, Vice President
Mrs. Jean Fichtl, Trustee
Mrs. Pamela Margaroli, Trustee
Mr. Jerome Monaco, Trustee
FRANKLIN SQUARE UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Franklin Square Board of Education Meeting – October 8, 2014
The regular meeting of the Board of Education of the Franklin Square Elementary School District was called to order on October 8, 2014.
At the regular meeting, the Board took the following actions:
- accepted Treasurer’s Report for the period ending August 31, 2014
- accepted 1 resignation request
- approved 3 leave of absence requests
- approved 1 leave replacement teacher
- approved 3 Civil Service probationary appointments
- approved 1 permanent per diem substitute teacher
- approved 2 per diem substitute teachers
- approved 2 per diem substitutes
- approved 2 salary changes
Mrs. Alexandria Battaglia, Audit Manager for RS Abrams & Co., presented the District Audit Report to the Board of Education.
Mr. Patrick Manley, Superintendent of Schools, introduced and welcomed all new District staff to the Board.
The Superintendent, District Administrators, the Franklin Square Teachers’ Association, and the Inter-School PTA expressed their gratitude and appreciation to the Board members.
Mr. Manley announced there would be a recess to enjoy the refreshments provided by the District’s Staff Recognition Committee the members of the Franklin Square Teachers’ Association and the Inter-School PTA.
The Franklin Square Board of Education will hold their next regularly scheduled meeting on Wednesday, November 5, 2014 at the Washington Street School. The meeting will be called to order at 7:00 p.m. at which time a motion will be made to go into Executive Session.
The Public Session will reconvene at 8:00 p.m.